cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Ilink 3.4 date parameters changed after migration

JOES
1-Newbie

Ilink 3.4 date parameters changed after migration

We are in the middle of moving from WF4.0 M120/Intralink 3.4 M060 to Creo2.0 M080/Pro/Intralink 10.1 M040. The first test migration of the CAD data shows all the date parameters have been changed as shown in the example below. This screws up every single drawing we have. The config option date_type_parameter_format does not appear to work. I have an open case with PTC on this issue but we really need a fix for this soon.

MODEL_DATE 05/25/12 was changed to: 2012-05-25 00:00:00 EDT
DRAWN_DATE 05/25/12 was changed to: 2012-05-25 00:00:00 EDT

I’m not sure what situation that one would want a populated parameter on data would be modified on migration. Hopefully there is a fix for this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Joe S.

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JOES)

We created custom date attributes that were shortened versions of the Windchill format and used those on the drawings.

How is your date constructed in Ilink 3.4? The Ilink 10.1 format would be ptc_wm_created_on in both the model and drawing. Unless you put data mapping in your conversion, these values should be separate.
JOES
1-Newbie
(To:JOES)

All fixed now, thanks everyone for your replies. The date was constructed in Intralink 3.4 way back when we deployed 3.0 as the “type” as “date” so when migrated the data, 10.1 saw it as a date & changed the format. Keep in mind, I don’t work in IT, I have a full time job in Product Engineering, so I don’t even speak the language. But we still need to manage our data with little help from our IT folks.

It took a combination of two things to fix it. First was the date_type_parameter_format from:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS49539

The second, thanks to Bob Duryea & Matt Meadows,

To set the Date attribute format we changed the following wt.properties value: <property name="wt.epm.attributes.dateFormat" overridable="true" targetfile="codebase/wt.properties" value="MM/dd/yy"/">

From: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS122601

Bob sent the suggestion, Matt spoon fed me on how to implement it. It works! Our date format is preserved.

Regards,

Joe S.

Top Tags