cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Impact to Windchill end-users in environment with one container vs multiple containers?

nlaubach
1-Newbie

Impact to Windchill end-users in environment with one container vs multiple containers?

What is the difference (if any) to the end-user interface in Windchill when the system architecture is designed to use one container versus multiple containers? (I'm not asking about impact for system administrators, just the end-user experience). Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:nlaubach)

There is no impact to the end user, you just have to add them to each container so they can see them.

Depending on WHY you want multiple containers, can you use folders in a single container instead?

I have used multiple containers at a prior company. We had each project in a separate container and used team members to assign designers to their proper work container. There were times that an engineer would move into a project and nobody would tell me until he could not find what he was looking for because he did not have rights to be there.

Thanks Ben. I'm pretty sure our team will set up one container. I read about challenges with multiple containers but wasn't sure about impact to end-users. Thank you for your response.

Top Tags