cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Installing Info Modeler in Linux Environment

SatishJeejula
3-Visitor

Installing Info Modeler in Linux Environment

Hi All,

We are trying to setup Windchill PDMLink 9.1 (M030) on Linux server. We have all essential components installed, but could not find an option for InfoModeler in the PTC's Solution Installer. InfoModeler is needed because we would like to build/install the custom model on the Server itself.

Linux OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)

I am wondering if there is any way we can install it on Linux environment?

thanks,
Satish

2 REPLIES 2

Satish,

I think you need to download the InfoModeler CD and then use the PSI to install it. You need to go back to PTC website and look for the appropriate Linux version.

HTH

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

well ... I'm not sure if the rose script stuff is available for the linux version of rose (which may not officially be
supported anyway), but if you do not need to *model* new stuff but just install what has been done before all you need
is the mData files (generated with rose scripts) and run JavaGen.sh ...

my 2 cents,
Martin

Satish Jeejula wrote:
> Hi All,
>

>
> We are trying to setup Windchill PDMLink 9.1 (M030) on Linux server. We
> have all essential components installed, but could not find an option
> for InfoModeler in the PTC's Solution Installer. InfoModeler is needed
> because we would like to build/install the custom model on the Server
> itself.
>
> Linux OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)
>

>
> I am wondering if there is any way we can install it on Linux environment?
>

>
> thanks,
> Satish
>
>
>
> ----------
Announcements

Top Tags