cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Intralink 10.0: "Out of Date" Indicator?

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

Intralink 10.0: "Out of Date" Indicator?

Fellow 'chillers:

When looking at the Intralink 10.0 m030 interface in the Embedded Browser (in Wildfire 4 m210), how can a user know that there is an "Out of Date" CAD Document in his Workspace?

The reason I ask is this: In the old world of Intralink 3.4, there was a column in the Workspace interface which clearly stated "Out of Date". The user then knew to Update his Workspace to bring down the current version from Commonspace.

But in Windchill-based Intralink 10.0, even after performing a Synchronize the user does not see any visual indication in the Workspace interfacetelling him that he has "Out of Date" objects.

The only indication of "Out of Date" objects presented to the user seems to a be when he tries to perform an edit on an object in ProE, is presented with the dialog box to "Check Out Now", but the Check Out fails. It is only when (if)the user notices the miniscule failure symbol in ProE then checks the Event Manager that he is presented with the errormessage stating the version of the object in Commospace does not match the version of the object in his Workspace.

Is everyone facing this same situation? Or is there a configuration issue here I could fix?

TIA.

4 REPLIES 4

On 02/11/13 09:58, Scott Pearson wrote:
>
> Fellow 'chillers:
>
> When looking at the Intralink 10.0 m030 interface in the Embedded Browser (in Wildfire 4 m210),
> how can a user know that there is an "Out of Date" CAD Document in his Workspace?
>

You need to add the "Out of Date" (this is what it is called in 9.1 M070) column to the workspace view.

> The reason I ask is this: In the old world of Intralink 3.4, there was a column in the Workspace
> interface which clearly stated "Out of Date". The user then knew to Update his Workspace to bring
> down the current version from Commonspace.
>
> But in Windchill-based Intralink 10.0, even after performing a Synchronize the user does not see
> any visual indication in the Workspace interface telling him that he has "Out of Date" objects.
>
> The only indication of "Out of Date" objects presented to the user seems to a be when he tries to
> perform an edit on an object in ProE, is presented with the dialog box to "Check Out Now", but the
> Check Out fails. It is only when (if) the user notices the miniscule failure symbol in ProE then
> checks the Event Manager that he is presented with the error message stating the version of the
> object in Commospace does not match the version of the object in his Workspace.
>
> Is everyone facing this same situation? Or is there a configuration issue here I could fix?
>
> TIA.
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

egifford
4-Participant
(To:ScottPearson)

Scott,

As Randy said, add the "Out of Date" column to your workspace table settings. It's still called the same thing in WC 10. Then when you have an out of date file you'll get a little clock symbol in that column. I remember reading somewhere in PTC's documentation that adding more columns like Out of date and Compare Status can slow down workspace performance, but I think not knowing what is going on with your data is a larger risk to take.

Erik

I do not have a column entitled "Out of Date" listed among the columns
that I can enable within the Workspace interface.

Here are the choices available to me:

Neither the Modified Status, Local Workspace Status, nor the General
Status have been indicating an "Out of Date" situation.

[Of course, when the Workspace version of the object has been edited in
ProE then saved to the Workspace then the "Plus Sign" (+) appears. But
that situation is not the same as an "Out of Date" situation.]

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott Pearson
Senior Designer

CAD System Administrator

S O U T H W E S T R E S E A R C H I N S T I T U T E(r)
Space Science and Engineering Division
Department of Space Systems
6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
phone: 210-522-5705

fax: 210-647-4325

Jane,

Thanks for the feedback. You are exactly right except..., the "Out of
Date Status" column isn't even listed as an Available Column in my Table
View Edit dialog box.

Arrrrrgh...!

Since you are at PTC, can you tell me if I am missing the "Out of Date
Status" column because I am using Intralink 10.0 instead of PDMLink
10.0?

Thanks again for the feedback,

Scott Pearson
Senior Designer

CAD System Administrator

S O U T H W E S T R E S E A R C H I N S T I T U T E(r)
Space Science and Engineering Division
Department of Space Systems
6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
phone: 210-522-5705

fax: 210-647-4325
Top Tags