cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Issue with defaultuploadrootfolder path after upgrade from Windchill 10.2 to 11.0

gafoorgk
11-Garnet

Issue with defaultuploadrootfolder path after upgrade from Windchill 10.2 to 11.0

Hello,

I recently upgraded Windchill 10.2 to 11.0. Everything went fine, except one issue with post upgrade configuration of vault. 

1. Windchill 10.2 vault host type was 'Standalone Node'. Windchill 11.0 vault host type is configured as 'Cluster Node' for the sake of having one more node for Windchill.
  2. UpgradeManager updated vault configuration, but with 'Standalone Node' host type.
  3. I updated Master Vaults and Replica Vaults root folder paths to point new WC11.0 locations and validated. All are showing Valid. So far everything is good. See the screenshot below, which is showing correct paths.
    Capture02.PNG
  4. The moment I try to change host type to 'Cluster Node', it is throwing an error as following;
    Error Screenshot

Please help me understand where should I make further updates to have old paths replaced with new ones.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1

It looks like getting help either from here or from PTC support (though we have got active gold category maintenance contract) are very poor. Sorry to emphasize this point, but PTC support I got so far is very very poor.  Or may be Gold category support is not a premium one. Only solution viable I see is trial and error. Here as well, the same is applied.

The solution I found is to delete current replica folder and create a new one. After than changing host type didn't throw any errors. Please let me know if there is a better solution.

Thank you

Top Tags