cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

It is possible to hide some templates without using UI?

dzdunek
1-Newbie

It is possible to hide some templates without using UI?

There are a lot of (OOTB, I guess) templates, e.g. for CAD Documents. But I’m not going to use them. And I know I can hide them manually by using UI.

CADtemplates.png

However is there a possibility to hide them using LoadFromFile utility or something similar? I mean I just would like to run some scripts for loadfiles and (in the same time) hide some OOTB templates which are not going to be used in the future.

Thank you for a help,

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Hi

Not sure about LoadFromFile but I'm sure this is possible by SQL script.

Regard,

Good point, thank you.

Do you know where the visibility is set in the DB? I would be grateful for this information.

You can build a SQL script to disable the template in the EPMDocument table. The column is named "enabledtemplate".

I haven't tried this but looking at the code behind show/hide button, it looks like there is an entry created in CONTAINERFILTERLINK table and FILTERED column is used as a flag. With no entry the visibility is set as "Show"

You may want to change the visibility for couple of rows and check the changes in the table.

Regards,

Bhushan

Hi Damian,

If your main concern is to hide those CAD Document Templates from end users then you can simply Hide them and end user will not be able to see them while creating New CAD Document.

If so follow below steps:

• Go to Site/Organization -> Templates -> CAD Document Templates
  • Select templates you want to hide
  • On table menu bar you will see Hide Template action Hide Template.png

Now end user will only see those templates that has Visibility as Show. Refer below screen captures:

templates.png  UI_new.png

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shirish

Top Tags