cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Java Issue

byork
17-Peridot

Java Issue

On a few machines Java isn't working properly. I can't get any java applets to fully load. I have plenty other where it is working fine.  Through investigation on a couple of the trouble machines it looks like it loads so far and then just stops. We are using 1.7 U25 with M030 pmlink.  I have tried reinstalling and a few other things and nothing seems to help.  It's like I'm missing the secret handshake......

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

12 REPLIES 12
SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine
(To:byork)

How to set up Java Exception Site Lists to allow Java Applets to run in Windchill

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS157211

Sergey Efimov

Thanks for the reply but I'm using update 25 and that doesn't have the exeception list like update 51 and greater.

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine

What error is in the java console?

It seems to hang loading the boot.jar otherwise not any real error.

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine

What happens if load the export/import utility?

2017-01-09_14-11-07.png

Hangs right there.

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine

Windchill 10.2 M032 Software Matrices

7.png

Recent versions of Java 7 and 8 JRE present multiple security warnings and may prevent applets from launching in Windchill

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS142095

Been through all that and I get the proper warnings and they are all answered correctly.  Just then stops...

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

Not sure whether you already tried this, delete AppData\LocalLow\.wt\priv.ser and try again.

Yep I have....

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Have you done a Restore Security Prompts on the security tab and Delete Files under the temporary files settings?  And cleared the cache in the browser?

Yep all of those.  It like something is blocking the traffic but not sure what...IT always seems to stop in the console at the boot.jar

Top Tags