cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Issue

Highlighted
Aquamarine

Java Issue

On a few machines Java isn't working properly. I can't get any java applets to fully load. I have plenty other where it is working fine.  Through investigation on a couple of the trouble machines it looks like it loads so far and then just stops. We are using 1.7 U25 with M030 pmlink.  I have tried reinstalling and a few other things and nothing seems to help.  It's like I'm missing the secret handshake......

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Java Issue

How to set up Java Exception Site Lists to allow Java Applets to run in Windchill

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS157211

Sergey Efimov

Thanks for the reply but I'm using update 25 and that doesn't have the exeception list like update 51 and greater.

What error is in the java console?

It seems to hang loading the boot.jar otherwise not any real error.

What happens if load the export/import utility?

2017-01-09_14-11-07.png

Hangs right there.

Windchill 10.2 M032 Software Matrices

7.png

Recent versions of Java 7 and 8 JRE present multiple security warnings and may prevent applets from launching in Windchill

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS142095

Been through all that and I get the proper warnings and they are all answered correctly.  Just then stops...

Not sure whether you already tried this, delete AppData\LocalLow\.wt\priv.ser and try again.

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum! ______________________________ Check out the Windchill Tips Board! We're talking about Whirlpool's use of digital twin, augmented reality, and data-driven design!

The NAVIGATE WORKING GROUP is here! Come innovate with PTC!