cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Latest revision of each view report

gscorpil-2
6-Contributor

Latest revision of each view report

We typically use this something like this to get the latest rev either in reports or sql.

"p.versionsortida2versioninfo = (select max (p1.versionsortida2versioninfo) from wcadmin.wtpart p1 where p1.ida3masterreference = p.ida3masterreference)
and p.latestiterationinfo = 1"

Does anyone know how to make this work for each view?  The issue comes up when the view revisions are not the same.  For example "part1 Rev A Design view" and "part1 Rev B Service view" excludes the design view.  Anyone know a trick to getting this to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I've been developing/experimenting with a lot of report templates (not the SQL directly though). I'll try to describe it as best I can.

When you do a max condition, normally you would get just a single result. If you want to get a max for each of something, then that something has to be defined in the main query, and the subselect has a criteria that goes back to the main query. 

So basically in your subquery, you would add a criteria that the view = the view of the WTpart from the main query. That way, you should get a result for the max of each view of each WTPart.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

I've been developing/experimenting with a lot of report templates (not the SQL directly though). I'll try to describe it as best I can.

When you do a max condition, normally you would get just a single result. If you want to get a max for each of something, then that something has to be defined in the main query, and the subselect has a criteria that goes back to the main query. 

So basically in your subquery, you would add a criteria that the view = the view of the WTpart from the main query. That way, you should get a result for the max of each view of each WTPart.

gscorpil-2
6-Contributor
(To:joe_morton)

That worked great thanks.

Hello @gscorpil-2 

Can you share the sample implementation in QML or SQL format please.

Also, Report Builder Screenshot if you have developed it on Query Builder.

Thank you!

Visit: http://www.windchillguru.com

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:joe_morton)

Hi Joe

the WTDocument contains a field called "Branch Identifier" which seems to be largest for the most recent rev.

Is it correct to use this field to identify the most recent rev?

thanks -- Rick

Document [wt.doc.WTDocument]
Branch Identifier [branchIdentifier]
joe_morton
17-Peridot
(To:rleir)

Hi Rick,

Yeah, that's what I would use to get the latest revision. 

Maybe also this discussion can help other people who read this post.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Report-to-list-WTParts-of-particular-view/td-p/96770

Marco
Top Tags