cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

List Digest, Oct 30, 2009

patrick.chin1
1-Newbie

List Digest, Oct 30, 2009

I don't think, I had an issue with this. But, with standard Unix installs, all applications that start with ports less than 1024 must be started as root. Changing ownership just allows wcadmin to see the logs and modify the confs. Another idea is to apply sudo access to wcadmin to start and stop apache with the $APACHE_HOME/bin/apachectl start/stop. Most unix admins would do that because it is just a stop and start. If you clear the logs, and restart apache with sudo, the logs will be owned by sys group/root.

That's my 3 cents, 1 above 2. (:^>

Patrick

1 REPLY 1

One more thing,

First, I installed FastInstream index server first as instream unix user, wcadmin group. I then installed everything else as root, then changed ownership and permissions as wcadmin. But, the same below applies to Aphelion if you are using BELOW windchill 9.0 M080 and 9.1 M030. I haven't tried the new Windchill Directory server in 9.0 M090 and 9.1 M030. I have to migrate the Aphelion users and samAccount names Windchill userIDs and memberships to both equal AD principalIDs for both. This is for internal and external forest. This works for newer versions of apache which was a limitation for HP-UX itanium.

Thanks,

Patrick

Top Tags