cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Max Search Results = 50

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

Max Search Results = 50

Hello WC Gurus,

Here's a newbie question for you.

When I search for Users on the Participant Admistration page, my results are limited to 50 results/users. I would like to increase my results to 100 users -- which should sufficient to allow me to list all my users.

From the WC 10.0Basic Admin Guide (Ch.8, p.233), I see that the limit of the search result is controlled by a property named Max Count found in the wt.properties file. The default value is 50.

From Windchill 10.0 Specialized Admin Guide (Ch. 3, p.33), here iswhat I have been trying -- without success --in order to

[Note: The double-quotes are because my Intralink 10.0 is on a Windows SQL server and double-quotes are required per the WC 10.0 Specialized Admin Guide, Ch. 3, p.42, because of the space contained in the property name.]

Since xconfmanger did not find the Max Count property, I tried listing ALL the properties in the wt.properties file by using this command:

windchill properties wt.properties

But that result alsodid not list a property named Max Count.

And FYI,this is how I intend to

QUESTION: Can anybody tell me the exact command syntax for changing my search result limit from the default (50) to a custom value (100)?

Any enlightenment will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Scott

1 REPLY 1

On 07/13/12 11:21, Scott Pearson wrote:
>
> Hello WC Gurus,
>
> Here's a newbie question for you.
>
> When I search for Users on the Participant Admistration page, my results are limited to 50
> results/users. I would like to increase my results to 100 users -- which should sufficient to
> allow me to list all my users.
>
> From the WC 10.0 Basic Admin Guide (Ch.8, p.233), I see that the limit of the search result is
> controlled by a property named Max Count found in the wt.properties file. The default value is 50.
>
> From Windchill 10.0 Specialized Admin Guide (Ch. 3, p.33), here is what I have been trying --
> without success -- in order to display the current setting of the property so I can verify its value:
>
> /xconfmanager -d "Max Count"/
>
> /[Note: The double-quotes are because my Intralink 10.0 is on a Windows SQL server and
> double-quotes are required per the WC 10.0 Specialized Admin Guide, Ch. 3, p.42, because of the
> space contained in the property name.]/
>
> Since xconfmanger did not find the Max Count property, I tried listing ALL the properties in the
> wt.properties file by using this command:
>

Simply open codebase/wt.properties in your favorite text editor and look at the values.

> /windchill properties wt.properties/
>
> But that result also did not list a property named Max Count.
>
> And FYI, this is how I intend to change the value of the property if I can find the darn thing...
>
> /xconfmanager -s "Max Count"=100/
>

In Windchill 9.1 to change a property with xconfmanager the syntax would be this:
xconfmanager -s wt.calendar.calculateDefaults=false -t codebase/wt.properties -p

-s PropertyName=NewValue
-t NameOfPropertyFile
-p (to propagate the changes just made)

xconfmanager actually writes to the <windchill install=" dir=">/site.xconf file. Without the -p the
changes just made to the site.xconf file won't actually get propogated to the property files. You
can actually change several values and then propogate the changes like this:

xconfmanager -s Property1=Value1 -t codebase/wt.properties
xconfmanager -s Property2=Value2 -t codebase/wt.properties
xconfmanager -s Property3=Value3 -t codebase/wt.properties
xconfmanager -p

This will speed up the process a little because the actual propogation sometimes takes a little bit.

> /QUESTION: *Can anybody tell me the exact command syntax for changing my search result limit from
> the default (50) to a custom value (100)?*/
>
> Any enlightenment will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Scott
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.