cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Methodserverlog - Workspace is out of date

MichaelHacker
7-Bedrock

Methodserverlog - Workspace is out of date

Does anybody know, what following entry in methodserverlog is standing for? Can't find anything at PTC Knowledgebase or here in our Community

"2016-03-10 07:50:40,092 ERROR [ajp-bio-8011-exec-1] com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.proesrv.cache.WorkspaceRequestCacheAdapter user - WorkspaceRequestCacheAdapter.validateWorkspaceUpdateCounter :: workspacename[wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspace:131143473](xxx|Product(product)) is out of date: 273/1/2760 < 274/1/2761"

3 REPLIES 3

Michael Hacker‌,

Suhas Chaudhari‌ helped me on this message with case C12282684.  (Note: This was back when we didn't know if the next release is Windchill 10.3 or Windchill 11.0.)

SNIPPET #1

Hi Ben,

I have worked on this case with R&D, please find below updates on this.

Message from WorkspaceRequestCacheAdapter is not an actual error.  It indicates that the content of the workspace was modified from another session or standalone browser and the client need to sync it.  Once update counter mismatch is found by the server it fails the current workspace operation with a validation error (which you saw) and forces the client to re-sync workspace content before another attempt to perform  the operation.   It’s usually a part of the standard workflow.

SNIPPET #2

Please find below updated on this case from R&D:

For “WorkspaceRequestCacheAdapterIs it safe to ignore these messages in the MS log?

Ans>> Yes, it’s safe.

Does the user get a message in the UI to resolve the “error”?

Ans>> No.  The current workspace iteration will be interrupted, workspace refresh automatically enforced. The operation will be restarted after refresh is done. 

Should the logging level of this message be changed to INFO instead of ERROR? (The use case for changing the logging level is that looking at the MS logs for errors, and wants to resolve them.)

Ans>>  R&D will fix this in Windchill PDMLink 10.3 release.

So if someone is getting this message now can upgrade to 11.0 and make sure it is gone, that would be a helpful validation.  But I"m not sure if many people are able to verify it yet.

Hi Ben,

ok, so did you change loglevel for MS-logs? Since update to CPS10 I have a lot of Errors in MS log all defined as harmless and ignoreable by PTC Support but how should I take care of the System when there are Errors like this?

Michael Hacker‌,

I did not change them.  I just dealt with the messages.  I didn't want to potentially hide something unintentionally.

Top Tags