cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Migrating WTDocuments to that target system with some added or extra attributes.

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Migrating WTDocuments to that target system with some added or extra attributes.

Hi All,

We are migrating WTDocument without using WBM to Windchill 11 system.

We have now added some extra attributes (soft attributes) to the WTDocument and then we are trying to migrate the same WTDocument once again. Can anyone suggest me like how would I be migrating it ? 

Is it using LoadFromFIle or should I be developing a utility for the same. If yes can anyone share me some code snippet for the same. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

But what if there are many WTDocuments in the system, will LoadFromFile still be a feasible option to load new attributes on top of the existing WTDocuments.

WTDocument objects included in load file are loaded as new iterations if number already exists ( refer to CS )

Kindly let me know if there is any other way apart from LoadFromFile..

OOTB no. You must write some custom loader or SQL script.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi

Without deleting your first load ?

Hi Vincent,

Yes without deleting the WTDocument.

We wish to load the same WTDocument with some extra attributes. So how would I be doing it ? Can you please let me know about it.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya

See CS24607, it may help

Vincent.

Hi Vincent,

Yes I had gone through this case.

But what if there are many WTDocuments in the system, will LoadFromFile still be a feasible option to load new attributes on top of the existing WTDocuments.

Kindly let me know if there is any other way apart from LoadFromFile.

Thanks,

Aditya

Thanks,

Aditya

WTDocument objects included in load file are loaded as new iterations if number already exists ( refer to CS )

Kindly let me know if there is any other way apart from LoadFromFile..

OOTB no. You must write some custom loader or SQL script.

venki_babu
4-Participant
(To:aachanta)

Purge and delete the old iterations of the docs and now upload the docs with new attributes

Top Tags