cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Model Check and Intralink 8.0

DavidAnthonySch
1-Newbie

Model Check and Intralink 8.0

Has anyone succesfully been able to setup model check so that no files can be checked in before it passes model check? here are instructions that were sent to me, but they were uuclear....any help would be appreciated. I do not know where to go in step 1. Here is the description below, I am running Intralink 8.0 and Wildifre 3.0 Description ----------------- How to configure Pro/INTRALINK to prevent check-in of the model containing ModelCHECK error(s). Step 1. Login as Pro/INTRALINK administrator and create a Versioned/Filebased Integer Object Attribute named "Mc_Errors" with the following settings: 1. In Properties set Default Value to 0 and restrictions to NONE 2. In Authorization add user(s) and set Access Level to Read Only If a user runs Pro/ENGINEER ModelCHECK and errors are reported, then ModelCHECK will create a "Locked" parameter MC_ERRORS with a value equal to the number of errors. User will be able to save model in to Workspace and Mc_Errors attribute value will reflect the number of ModelCHECK errors. If the user attempts to check-in the model, Pro/INTRALINK sees that the value is not a default one and prevents check-in with non-overridable conflict: "Not authorized to modify this value for this object" The user must correct all model errors and run ModelCHECK again to remove the MC_ERRORS parameter from the model. Check-in is then permitted. Note 1: Users should not attempt to modify value for Mc_Errors attribute in Pro/INTRALINK manually. All modification for the value should be done through ModelCHECK in Pro/ENGINEER only, otherwise Pro/INTRALINK Administrator or user with Full Access rights for Mc_Error attribute will be involved to resolve a conflict. Note2: This procedure DOES NOT work for Pro/ENGINEER 2001
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, Did you ever get this figured out or get any support/feedback? This is one of my next endeavors. Currently I cannot even get ModelCHECK to work in batch mode? : ( Dave

How did you fare in your endeavor?

Top Tags