cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Moving Windchill 11.1 DB to another SQL Server instance

AY_10936706
1-Newbie

Moving Windchill 11.1 DB to another SQL Server instance

I am using Windchill Aerospace & Defense Release 11.1 and Datecode with CPS F000

I moved the Windchill Database to a new SQL Server instance and services are not starting and the application is down
Windchill Risk and Reliability Long Running Task Service 11.1 - Service not starting
Windchill Risk and Reliability Object Broker Service 11.1 - Service not starting
Could not connect to
net.tcp://************:12202/Relex.BusinessObjects.IService.
The connection attempt lasted for a time span of
00:00:02.0625271. TCP error code 10061: No connection could
be made because the target machine actively refused it
*.*.*.*:12202.

Here are the errors that I faced
in Event Viewer under "Windows Logs > Application":
Service cannot be started. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'FileInfo'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Bool...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was using default schema as dbo.** to connect which did not work. Needed to use the username because all the table in the DB start with the username trying to connect with DB. 

EG: If the SQL user account I am using to connect to the DB ptc then the schema should be ptc not dbo.

Hope it help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:AY_10936706)

I would open up a call with PTC. Production or a Test instance? Can you verify that the import was successful?

I was using default schema as dbo.** to connect which did not work. Needed to use the username because all the table in the DB start with the username trying to connect with DB. 

EG: If the SQL user account I am using to connect to the DB ptc then the schema should be ptc not dbo.

Hope it help

Top Tags