cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Need help writting alias map to Context variable

Ben_A
8-Gravel

Need help writting alias map to Context variable

I am using. Windchill 12.2.2.12 and PDMLink 12.0.2.7

I have an attribute defined at my Library context that lists all the business holidays for the next few years. I'm trying to create an alias attribute for a Problem report type that gets created inside the library. The new problem report should have the attribute shown on the details page and along with it, list all the dates entered at the library context. After saving the change to the PR attribute, I switch back to the details of a PR and refresh. The attribute name is shown but it has no values (which should have come from the context/parent). From what I've read, I'm pretty sure this can be done, but I can't figure out the proper syntax. I used Logical Attribute Report to get the full internal names.

What I've tried so far:

containerReference^com.myCompany.myLibrary~attbHolidays

containerReference^com.myCompany.myLibrary~com.myCompany.myLibrary.attbHolidays

containerReference^IBA|com.myCompany.myLibrary~IBA|com.myCompany.myLibrary.attbHolidays

I also tried parentReference^ but I don't thing that is the right avenue.

When I try to show the attribute on the details page of a PR I get some variation of this error in the log:

Unable to find logical attribute: "com.myCompany.myLibrary~attbHolidays" with context: "WCTYPE|wt.change2.WTChangeIssue|com.myCompany.myLibrary~MBA|containerReference^WCTYPE|wt.inf.library.WTLibrary|com.myCompany.myLibrary~attbHolidays"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ben_A)

Have tested containerReference^com.myCompany.myLibrary~attbHolidays , it is wokring :

Fadel_0-1703582683448.png

Fadel_1-1703582718088.png

Fede

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Have tested containerReference^com.myCompany.myLibrary~attbHolidays , it is wokring :

Fadel_0-1703582683448.png

Fadel_1-1703582718088.png

Fede
Ben_A
8-Gravel
(To:Fadel)

Awesome. Thanks so much for including the video.

joe_morton
17-Peridot

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but you mentioned business holidays. Have you looked into the Windchill system calendar? It's possible to set non-business days there, and that can affect workflows across the whole system (if you want it to).

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/calendar/CalSettingManage.html

Announcements

Top Tags