cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

New Solr Configuration in Windchill 11 Issues

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

New Solr Configuration in Windchill 11 Issues

So I am going through the new setup for Solr in my test upgrade environment and have gotten stuck with the step where it says to generate a password in encrypted format.  A few questions on it.

• Am I supposed to use the same user name and password that I created during the install process?
  • I am getting the following error:
    • 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. - I had to install java to get to this point and I am guessing it knows where it is.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I used the same user I provided while installing the Solr server. I copied over the Windchill JDK to my Solr server. After that I set the wt.index.server.jdk property and added SOLR_JAVA_HOME variable in set_env in SolrServer/bin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I used the same user I provided while installing the Solr server. I copied over the Windchill JDK to my Solr server. After that I set the wt.index.server.jdk property and added SOLR_JAVA_HOME variable in set_env in SolrServer/bin

I thought I was in a command prompt, but I was in the command prompt that had started the Solr Server and then shut down.  Once I opened a command prompt it found the java command.  @BineshKumar1, thank you for the information.  I have my SolrServer and Windchill server on the same machine, so the setup pointed wt.index.server.jdk already to that path.  I think that I will go ahead and change it to where I have installed the latest Java.

Top Tags