cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

New qml report - find latest at one of listed states

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

New qml report - find latest at one of listed states

I was asked to provide a report of the latest version of all drawings at either Released or Prototype Released.

Search allows you to do this because the logic applied is:

- (Filter out anything by state / context that you don't have READ access to)

- Filter out non-latest iteration each Revision (hard-coded in search)

- Use any State criteria; filter out any not any those state(s)

- Depending on preference, return latest of what remains or all (default - latest)

For this data you get B.2 Released as required - essentially search allows you to apply a config spec including state to CAD Doc's (or other)

A.1 In Work

A.2 Prototype Released

B.1 In Work

B.2 Released

C.1 In Work

But, Creating a query builder report to apply the logic in this same sequence turned out to be tricky.  By default the qml logic is:

- Filter out non-latest iteration each Revision (direct criteria)

- Find latest using standard sub select on branch id

- Then, apply any State criteria

If you filter out for example In Work, it returns nothing for the data above.

Kudos to tech support engr Jaysel Meledath at PTC who kept with this and figured it out using the appropriate sub select.  Seems like it might be helpful to others - leaving it to PTC to make available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Got it working by adding an extra criteria for State = RELEASED in the sub-select for the maximum Version Sort id

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
lmolby
4-Participant
(To:MikeLockwood)

Can you share the QML of this report?  Or screen shots?

You can find lots of report ready to use in this document https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Questions/Resource-for-reporting/td-p/448738

Marco
lmolby
4-Participant
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Except I'm still not finding what I'm looking for.  I need to report that Latest Released Revision of a WTPart.  There may be multiple Revisions of this part that are Released and the Latest Revision, regardless of State, may be In Work.  For example:

PART12345  Rev. A.1  Released

PART12345  Rev. B.1  Released

PART12345  Rev. C.1  In Work

I want the report to send back the Latest Released Revision, which in this case is Only PART12345 Rev. B.1

The QML examples I tested came back with Blank results because the Latest, PART12345  Rev. C.1, is NOT Released.

In my document there's a link to this TS article.

https://www.ptc.com/it/support/article?n=CS142076

Doesn't meet your requirements?

Marco
lmolby
4-Participant
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Nope.  These are the reports tested.  If I want Latest Released, but the latest Rev is In Work, the report is blank, even if the previous Rev is Released.

These QMLs are filtering on the Maximum Branch ID, then filtering on the State, What I need is the opposite. I've tried adding a Sub-Select to the Sub-Select, but that doesn't seem to be supported functionality.

You cannot use query builder to do recursive query.

Have you already tried to add a criteria for the state in your sub-select?

If affirmative, I suggest you to open a case with TS and ask what they would do in this particular case.

Marco

Hi Mike,

I am running into this same issue.

Reading the final lines it looks like Tech Support (Jaysel Meledath) supplied you with the correct sub-select to get this done.

Can you share it here as well?

Got it working by adding an extra criteria for State = RELEASED in the sub-select for the maximum Version Sort id

Top Tags