cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Notification Robot does not add String variable in Recipients - Variable section.

mgupta-2
6-Contributor

Notification Robot does not add String variable in Recipients - Variable section.

Dear All

My requirement is to send an mail to external suppliers along with the Primary content and metadata of the object but unfortunately Notification Robot does not have an option to add custom variable of type String in the Recipient - Variable Section.

Due to this missing feature, I would have to write a custom code to handle this situation. Would have been so easy and all OOTB if we have an option to just add the String variable to to Recipient which would send an mail along with attachments and metadata information.

Let me know your thoughts on this and if we all agree I can go ahead and submit the Product Idea.

Regards

Mahesh Gupta

Windchill Customization‌@

1 REPLY 1

Agreed.If you want users to input certain email addresses in workflow and add them as recipients - then there is no option other than creating a wtuser.

Generally,  I am not a big fan of email notification template in Windchill. You can compose an email of better formatting with the information you need using mailx APIs.Re: How can send Email attachments through code with API wt.mail.EMailMessage.addAttachments ?

KB Reference - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS187101

Top Tags