I figured out how to set it to show the actual values.
On the Select tab add the function "To Number".
Select somewhere else on the tree to get it to display correctly.
Then select the To Number and then Add button again. It will give a sub-entry:
This now shows whatever the value in the attribute actually is.
But it is much easier.
I don't think I would have found it without your suggestion of the DATEDIFF function. I started thinking there has to be some other function that does this so I tested several others and came across the To Number.
So thank you Marco!
So now that we migrated to version 11.0 M030 the "To Number" is not longer needed. I originally needed it in 10.1 to make it show as a real number. I have removed that.