cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

OOTB loader utility LoadFromFile failing to load the Part structure....

DPK
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

OOTB loader utility LoadFromFile failing to load the Part structure....

Dear All,

Hope everyone doing well,

I am using Windchill OOTB loader (Load FromFile) to create part structure, I was about to finish the loading, unfotunately the loader is getting failed the error shown in the log is like..

wt.system.out wcadmin - All objects were imported successfully.

wt.system.out wcadmin - java.lang.NullPointerException

wt.system.out wcadmin -at wt.part.StandardWTPartService$UsageLinkCommitListener.finishTransaction(StandardWTPartService.java:379)
wt.system.out wcadmin -at wt.pom.TransactionManager$FinishTransactionListener.fire(TransactionManager.java:1518)

...and lot more

Its very strange that inbetween, the loader is failing to generate the links and showing 'All Objects were imported successfully' but actually nothing is in.

Did anyone faced the same issue before, it will be appriciated to help me out in this.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

I hope that you are following the proper sequence of loading, i.e., all child parts first, then all next higher level parents, then only the next level parents..and so on.

This issue is specific and it cannot be diagonised with this Method server log alone.

I suggest you set the property necessary for verbose Method server Log, and restart Method Server and check the issue again, you will have more specific team.

Thanks

Hari

DPK
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:DPK)

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your kind interest, I checked the logs after setting the property values for the verbose, its simlar to what i was getting at the begining when i started the loading (Everything was OK).

For the sequence i'll say that every part is in the Windchill, however as per my understanding, it does not matter which link is being created first, Let me know if i am wrong.

I have attached the logs after activating the verbose.

Thanks

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

I am curious why you are not using the "Import from Spreadsheet" functionality in the UI of Windchill?

DPK
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Hi Ben,

I am not sure but there are some custom attributes those may not be populated if you use OOTB handler to create the structure.

This could be the reason why PTC's partner suggested us this procedure.

Now the problem is i am stuck here, it is not moving ahead.

Please suggest somthing if you have any idea.

Thanks

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

You can use "Import from Spreadsheet", like Ben said, also with custom attributes.

I can't give you our model, because it's in Italian, but you can add more column at the end of standard Execl loader, using you IBA attributes

Marco
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

One thing I always forget to do is create a single WTPart and/or BOM and then export it. View the exported results and scale it to the requirements for your load. Exporting and existing WTPart and/or BOM structure will give you the proper spreadsheet format you need.

1. You can right-click on the WTPart and select Export Importable Spreadsheet.
  2. Make your modifications to that file with the proper new part numbers or structure that needs to be loaded.
  3. Then in the product container, on the toolbar, select Actions and then Import from Spreadsheet.
DPK
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Thanks Ben, I will try that once.

I have a doubt now, if it is not working with LoadFromFile then how come will it work with others because ultimately we are going to use Import/Export functionality of Windchill as i am using it through Windchill shell.

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

DPK
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Thank You Marco for this valuable inforamtion,

It seems like with my current approach it is not writing anything to Database tables, Is there some limitation of space also in the database or is it used to increase as we write anything (sothing like Incremental growth).

And also what is the use of Transaction logs of the Database, in my case those are huge and occupied more space than Windchill vaults, Shall I delete them or not.

Top Tags