cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Office Worker, word document access problem

N-Pyn
14-Alexandrite

Office Worker, word document access problem

We have a strange problem with Windchill 12.0.2.6 and Creo View Adapters 9.0.0.0 configured for Office document publishing.

Every time a Word document goes to the Office worker for publishing, we get this popup on the worker server:

NPyn_0-1715588845175.png

And when I close that window, a login window pops up next:

NPyn_1-1715588862064.png

When that is also closed, the worker creates the PDF successfully. If no-one goes and closes those dialogs on the server, the worker will just wait until the timeout and then fail the job.

Annoyingly, those windows stay open on the server and stack with each new Word publish job. So after a while, we might have tens of those windows open on the server and each one hogging up 50-100MB of RAM.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? We already disabled MFA for that MS account as suggested somewhere else, but that didn't help.

9 REPLIES 9
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:N-Pyn)

Looks like your worker service can interact with the desktop. Have you tried disabling that?

N-Pyn
14-Alexandrite
(To:avillanueva)

We are running the worker as a program. Is it possible to restrict it's interaction with desktop without running it as a service?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Curious why you would not be running it as a service? No, if you are running it while logged in, then it would be able to interact with desktop.

N-Pyn
14-Alexandrite

I don't actually know the reason for setting it up that way. It was installed and configured by someone else.

Do you think the issue would be fixed by running it as a service and restricting the desktop interactions?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

I have my workers as services on a Windows 2019 server. Each worker has its own worker daemon, port and virtual hostname. Its working for the most part but my doc worker has a terrible success rate. Mostly due to Visio files. If I start that worker as a normal user, it will function but fails as a service. I typically launch it in the foreground every few weeks to batch publish any Visio files modified and then revert back to normal operations. Still looking for better alternative but PTC says it a Microsoft issue. 

avillanueva_0-1715687399194.png

N-Pyn
14-Alexandrite

We tried to set the worker to run as a service and disabled the desktop interaction.

No dice. Now we are not getting the popup anymore about the access problem but the worker is still stuck publishing until timeout.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Have you read this?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS40476?source=search

I think I did both locations.

N-Pyn
14-Alexandrite

Yes, I have also added both of those folders with no effect. I also set full access rights for all users to those folders just in case.

Hello @N-Pyn

It looks like you have some responses from a community member. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags