cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PDMLink 9.0 and Solidworks

CJGreen
1-Newbie

PDMLink 9.0 and Solidworks

Curious if anyone else is using PDMLink with SW and how the integration of the two work, what issues you've seen, and how your functionally manage this within your business.
3 REPLIES 3

I haven't heard anything good about using PDMLink with Solidworks. From what I understand there are too many Pro/E specific attributes within PDMLink that are obviously not in Solidworks.

I have heard of other PDM solutions that do work well with both Pro/E and Solidworks, HCS Checkout is one of them, because they were not developed with only one CAD system in mind.

The link for HCS Checkout is www.hcs-checkout.com

We are running PDMLink 9.0 M040, with SolidWorks as our main CAD application. We do have some users still on Pro/E WF3, dealing with legacy projects.

Yes, we have numerous issues with the standalone WorkGroup Manager. Once you get past the general lack of UI intuitiveness which is common in both the Pro/E-integrated interface and the standalone WGM, most of our problems are lack of stability. Frequent crashes, slow (slower than Pro/E) response times, longer upload times. One particularly frustrating stability issue is that if you try to change workspaces with SolidWorks open, the WGM will crash. You can imagine how frustrating it is to someone to have to shut down SW, change workspaces, then restart SW to work on a file from a different Product/Context.

I could type for quite a while on this subject - feel free to contact me.

Michael

Here's the soluiton.
Top Tags