cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Partial Admin privileges

rleir
17-Peridot

Partial Admin privileges

Hi all

Is it possible to grant a user partial admin privileges? A user would like to use QueryBuilder just so they can get some understanding of the Tables and fields in the DB. But I don't want to grant full admin privileges.

thanks -- Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:rleir)

This is a common need but not easy to accommodate.

There are ways to give people separate permissions to Create contexts, manage Types & Attributes a few others, but in general, one either has or does not have access to the Utilities menu, which includes query builder Report development.

A better solution likely is to rehost your production system and then give these users regular Site admin access to that system.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:rleir)

This is a common need but not easy to accommodate.

There are ways to give people separate permissions to Create contexts, manage Types & Attributes a few others, but in general, one either has or does not have access to the Utilities menu, which includes query builder Report development.

A better solution likely is to rehost your production system and then give these users regular Site admin access to that system.

One more approach is to create a group specially for this and grant all necessary access to this group. When required add user to this group and when requirement is done , remove user from it. 

Top Tags