cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Problem when trying to disable "remove" button

fmeynard
1-Newbie

Problem when trying to disable "remove" button

Hi everyone,

I have to make a custom filter to deactivate some buttons when the root part (here the green/yellow cog) was on a specific state.

And when I select the other sub part (pink cog) the button will be disabled because of the root part.

As you can see on the picture, I successfully disable "Insert existing", "Insert new" (and the drop down actions), but I'm still stuck to disable "Remove" action.

image2016-4-27 14-8-39.png

What I know :

Create a new custom class filter : (It works !)

public class FilterEditStandartPart extends DefaultSimpleValidationFilter {

if (root_part.getLifeCycleState().equals(States.RELEASED)) { // I do my test with this state, not the final state I need to use

status = UIValidationStatus.DISABLED;

}

}

Create a service on my "properties.xconf" file and propagate it : (service working)

<Service context="default" name="com.ptc.core.ui.validation.SimpleValidationFilter">

<Option requestor="null" serviceClass="ext.sogerma.pbs.filters.FilterEditStandartPart" selector="filterEditStandartPart"/>

</Service>

Sample of my "custom-actions.xml" file :

<objecttype name="psb" resourceBundle="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.part.psb.psbActionsRB">

<!-- This one works perfectly -->

<action name="insertExistingPartStructureGWT">

<command class="com.ptc.cat.gxt.client.action.AdvancedAddAction"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.OneSelectionFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.IsNotUnspecifiedIterationFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.OriginalCopyFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="disableForAdminLocked"/>

<includeFilter name="disableForPartToCadBuildAdminLocked"/>

<includeFilter name="disableForNewObjectInWorkspace"/>

<includeFilter name="insertExistingPartImplementationChooser"/>

<includeFilter name="filterEditStandartPart"></includeFilter>

<supportedTypes>

<type value="wt.part.WTPart"/>

<type value="wt.part.WTPartUsageLink"/>

<type value="wt.part.PartUsesOccurrence"/>

<type value="wt.part.RTPartPathOccurrence"/>

</supportedTypes>

</action>

<!-- This is my problem, it seem not working or maybe it's override by something else -->

<action name="removeGWT">

<command class="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.part.psb.client.action.PSBRemoveAction"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.OneOrMoreSelectionFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.IsNotRootStructureModelFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.IsNotSummaryRowFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.ParentOriginalCopyFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.part.psb.client.action.ReplacementPartTypeFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="disableForParentInTreeAdminLocked"/>

<includeFilter name="disableForPartToCadBuildParentInTreeAdminLocked"/>

<includeFilter name="disableForNewParentObjectInWorkspace"/>

<supportedTypes>

<type value="wt.part.WTPartMaster"/>

<type value="wt.doc.WTDocument"/>

<type value="wt.doc.WTDocumentMaster"/>

<type value="wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink"/>

<type value="wt.part.WTPartReferenceLink"/>

</supportedTypes>

</action>

<!-- This one works great to disable "Remove" button on the "Uses" tab -->

<action name="removeChildPartGWT">

<command class="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.part.psb.client.action.PSBRemoveAction"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.OneOrMoreSelectionFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.IsNotRootStructureModelFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.ParentOriginalCopyFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="disableForTableContextAdminLocked"/>

<includeFilter name="disableForPartToCadBuildParentInTreeAdminLocked"/>

<supportedTypes>

</supportedTypes>

</action>

</objecttype>

I try to debug the method used on "DefaultSimpleValidationFilter" : public UIValidationStatus preValidateAction(UIValidationKey aValKey, UIValidationCriteria aValCrit) {...}

When I refresh the page or clic on another part, I don't see the "removeGWT" in "aValKey" param.

I see some other I configure and I see the "removeChildPartGWT" when I click on a "Uses" part.

I really need to deactivate this button when the root part was on a specific state, my customer need it to prevent removing part ! (and I can't say him to no click on it )

Do you have an idea of why this not work with "removeGWT" and/or a solution to disable it ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So with my colleagues, we try to debug "DisableForNewObjectInWorkspaceFilter" to find a "remove" action.

We found "removeServiceModelGWT" and so that the solution.

THE solution : You need to add in your "custom-actions.xml" this part to "catch" the remove structure button in your filter class :

<objecttype name="rulespartseditor" resourceBundle="com.ptc.arbortext.windchill.rulespartseditor.RulesPartsEditorActionsRB">

<action name="removeServiceModelGWT">

<command class="com.ptc.arbortext.windchill.rulespartseditor.structure.client.action.RemoveMetaServiceModelAction"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.cat.ui.client.internal.action.IsNotSummaryRowFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.part.psb.client.action.ReplacementPartTypeFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.arbortext.windchill.rulespartseditor.structure.client.action.OneTreeNodeSelectionFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="your_Filter_Service_Here"/>

<supportedTypes>

</supportedTypes>

</action>

</objecttype>

Greetings

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

So with my colleagues, we try to debug "DisableForNewObjectInWorkspaceFilter" to find a "remove" action.

We found "removeServiceModelGWT" and so that the solution.

THE solution : You need to add in your "custom-actions.xml" this part to "catch" the remove structure button in your filter class :

<objecttype name="rulespartseditor" resourceBundle="com.ptc.arbortext.windchill.rulespartseditor.RulesPartsEditorActionsRB">

<action name="removeServiceModelGWT">

<command class="com.ptc.arbortext.windchill.rulespartseditor.structure.client.action.RemoveMetaServiceModelAction"/>

<includeFilter name="com.ptc.arbortext.windchill.rulespartseditor.structure.client.action.OneTreeNodeSelectionFilter"/>

<includeFilter name="your_Filter_Service_Here"/>

<supportedTypes>