cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ProductView and Google Chrome

djy
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

ProductView and Google Chrome

All,

I've been trying to get ProductView to work with the Google Chrome browser, but to no avail. ProductView works fine with IE and Firefox, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times to get the same results.

Does anyone know how to get google chrome to work with ProductView? It'd be nice to use a good/fast browser with Windchill, but ProductView is kind of necessary for me.

Also, as another side question - Firefox doesn't seem to want to find related items when placing parts in a workspace, Change Notice, etc. It just freezes while "processing". Anyone know how to fix this as well? This isn't as important if Google Chrome can be fixed.

6 REPLIES 6
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:djy)

It is on the roadmap, but PTC has not validated Google Chrome yet. Please review the Software Matrices document (page 15) on www.ptc.com for a full list of the supported browsers. If you'd like to know what is being planned for future releases, you can look at the Windchill Future Platform Support Summary document.

djy
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Scott,

I cannot view that document as I am not "allowed" to view that webpage.

DmitryTsarev
17-Peridot

Official support for Chrome in Windchill is planned for 10.0 M020

But what do you imply by "get product view to work with Chrome"? "To have thumbnails work" or something other?

Also, what Windchill version are you running?

1) Thank you for letting me know about the Windchill 10 update.

2) I am using Windchill 9.1.

As for the other question - I don't necessarily care about the thumbnails. When I click on Actions, Open in ProducView, all that comes up is a blank window. If i try to close the window, however, it thinks I am "leaving the webpage" and asks me if I really want to do this or not (just like my other browsers). I was hoping to get it to work since IE8 isn't really that good, and Firefox is a bit sluggish compared to chrome, and Firefox doesn't allow me to collect related objects (Firefox 4.0).

JoostT
1-Newbie

I got productview to work in Chrome by using the IE tab plugin to open the productview window in IE mode.

It doesn't actually work in Chrome then, but at least you don't have to start IE and copy-paste the url just to work with productview.

I hope PTC is eventually going to switch to a fully web-based implementation like WebGL. A web-based program has only disadvantages as long as a platform and browser dependant plugin is required.

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:JoostT)

JoostT,

This is great. Thanks!

Added the filter:

*/Windchill/wtcore/jsp/wvs/edrview.jsp*

That way it accounts for the test sites too, with different hostnames.

There are still some other small problems I have using the unsupported Chrome in Windchill 9.1. But they're small compared to this.

Ben

Top Tags