cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Promotion notice - modify attributes of attached EPMdocs?

SimonLucas
1-Newbie

Promotion notice - modify attributes of attached EPMdocs?

Hi,

I have a question that I think may need a JAVA guru to help with.

Basically, what we would would like to do is get the promotion notice workflow to automatically add the initials of the checker and approver and the associated dates toattributes in the EPMdocs attached to the promotion notice, so that when the drawing/ model changes state to checked or approved they have the neccesary data for the drawing borders.

Currently we have two workarounds neither of which is ideal:

1. designer completes the boxes before promoting the drawing

2. the checker and approver have to check out the drawing so they can modify the attributes (not using CAD tool), then check the item back in.

It would be much better if this could be automated.

Has anybody managed to do this sort of thing? If so, could you give us a hand?

we are using PDMlink 9.1 M030, with CATIA, Pro/E, UG & Solidworks

Cheers

Simon Lucas

1 REPLY 1

Simon,

Be aware that such task requires updating of the EPMDocuments attached to the promotion, what means that even with java code you will need to check out/in those documents during the Promotion process.

In such case the iteration of the EPMDocumentsattached to the Promotion request is not any more the latest, because you created a new one when you updated them, but the original iterations are the ones attached to the request.

It is more complicated than it looks.

It does update the fields, but you have to know how to manage the usage of the correct version.

I suggest you to update those fields before issuing the promotion request if possible.

Saul

One1

Top Tags