cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Query Builder - Looking for help to add Version and State to query build report

BriGuy
11-Garnet

Query Builder - Looking for help to add Version and State to query build report

I'm trying to export a list of all our drawings in Winchill with their respective Version and State listed. I stumbled across this link: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS237391 which shows how to set up a query build report.  By changing the NOT IN to IN in Condition 1, I was able to export the report showing all of our drawing part numbers with the .drw extension.

Can anyone help me as to how to add to this to display the Version (rev) and State for each drawing in the report??  When I do a standard search for .drw I can export with all the info but we have over 15,000 drawings and that exceeds the search limit.

6 REPLIES 6

Have you already seen this document?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Questions/Resource-for-reporting/td-p/448738

There is a section with query builder reports for EPMDocuments.

At the beginning of the document there is also a link to some old PTC presentations that could help you in building reports.

Marco

Thanks for the references Marco.  I almost have it.  I got my list to show the drawing number Name, State and Version. However, now it shows all the different versions ever created for the drawings and each state for that version. Trying to figure out how to display only the most current version.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:BriGuy)

"Latest Iteration" (Boolean) is directly available to select for any report.

"Latest Revision" is a lot more involved since customers can create any needed file-based Revision series.  Look for examples on how to get Latest Revision.

So, I got it to do what I needed.  The query wound up displaying all the latest iterations of each drawing regardless if it is in Released or In Work state.  I just had to sort by name and most recent in my Excel file and Remove Duplicates.  It's not elegant but it worked.

Have you tried the link I provided you in my previous comment?

With that query builder report you get exactly the very latest of all EPMDocs.

Adding the state of your interest you can have the list you are searching for.

Marco
Top Tags