cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Recommendations now live on Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill!

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone

Recommendations now live on Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill!

The Recommendations gadget provides pro-active solutions to issues detected when you send your Windchill system data to the Performance Advisor.

recommendations.png

By clicking on the top-level gadget additional detailed information related to the recommendations is made available including solution instructions and links to supporting TS articles:

instructions.png

Initial recommendations are focused on performance tuning, specifically optimizing your cache settings with more to come later.  Consider opting-in to Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill (available for 10.2 M020, M030 and Windchill 11.0) and take advantage of its pro-active support capabilities to have your system running at peak performance.

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:SteveShaw)

Steve Shaw‌, just tying this out.  Noticing that there seems to be a discrepancy between "Complexity" and "Effort".

There's not much "Effort" involved in entering an xconfmanager command.  Maybe 10 seconds.  Certainly not hours. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Also, not sure if it's my internet connection (~20 Mbs) or PTC's servers, but I get an 8 - 9 second delay from the time I click on a recommendation until the solution pane updates with the new data.

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone

i'm seeing a similar delay on my end also.  Let me look into it.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:SteveShaw)

So for one of my test servers there are 19 different recommendations.  14 of the 19 already match the currently set values.  Why are they being recommended if they already match???

Edit:

By the way, from a usability standpoint, it would be really nice if the solution area displayed the current value as well.

wsaad
11-Garnet

Hi Tom,

Starting with Windchill 11.0 M010, recommendations based off Windchill Configuration Assistant (WCA) data will take into account the current set value for the Cache; if they are equal we wont generate a recommendation. 

If you opt-in to send Performance Metrics data, then the cache recommendations generated will no longer be based on WCA data, but instead on actual utilization metrics of your system and accordingly we will make a recommendation to re-size the cache. The algorithm calculates the overflow rate of the cache and if the threshold (1/sec over 10 minutes) is exceeded we will make a recommendation based on current cache size:

•if current cache size <5000 increase cache size by 100%

•If current cache size >5000 and <50000 increase cache size by 50%

•if current cache size is >50000 contact technical support

See chart below for additional information

6-17-2016 3-57-51 PM.jpg

Top Tags