cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

SAP ECC for CAD data manegement

kjohns101
1-Newbie

SAP ECC for CAD data manegement

I recently saw the SAP Engineering Control Center manage all flavors of CAD including Creo 2.0, Has anyone implemented this at your ccompany and how is it performing?

3 REPLIES 3
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:kjohns101)

Hi
In 2012 I have done some evaluationSap is a quite empty box where you have to configure/customizes many things which are OOTB or expected from a cad manager.In addition my understanding was that despite all good efforts, advanced functionalities of creo are not understood by sap (certain type of dependencies between files etc) I remember the sap consultant not been able to demonstrate/prove certain capabilities which are granted with windchill
But it all depends what you are after, after all, My view is if you want a db to store cad file any db will do including sap. If you want the same easy of use and functionalities than with windchillThen sap can't compete

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
At 21 Apr 2015 17:21:21, Kevin -'> wrote:
I recently saw the SAP Engineering Control Center manage all flavors of CAD including Creo 2.0, Has anyone implemented this at your ccompany and how is it performing?
Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Start new thread via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:

Hello,

Martin

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:kjohns101)

Hi Martin
200 pages just on CAD integration. Wouaaahhh, you guys are very motivated and must have also sort of complicated CAD.When I have done my evaluation in 2012. We were using family table, inheritance, flexible features and much more (CAM and FEA relationship for instance) and when asking the SAP consultant to demonstrate how SAP understand all those relationships well, either he did not understand what we meant or he said SAP could not. Maybe we were not lucky and got a bad consultant but his boss said more or less the same. So this surely helps us not to have to write a 200 page report Smiley Happy

but I am glad we came to the same conclusion.
SAP for erp transactions nothing else Smiley Wink

Le Jeudi 23 avril 2015 7h42, Martin Berg <-> a écrit :

Hello,We did a quite large investigation last year spanning several month comparing Windchill with SAP and in the end even tested Eengineering Control Center. I cannot give you the 200 pages report but as said before if you want to use it as a CAD vault fine but if you want the functionality that Windchill offers SAP is not the way to go and never will. Not only for functionality but the licensing is another thing. You will need the Engineering Control Center licese as well as the .riess license to be able to connect Creo to it. The earlier CAD desktop was "free" and integrated in SAP.
Best Regards,
Martin

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Start new thread via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:
Top Tags