Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for "Checked Out By"

SOLVED

Re: Search for "Checked Out By"

Yes, but only one at a time, as I discovered.

This reminds me of the famous BF Skinner pigeon experiment into conditioning superstitious behavior.

http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Skinner/Pigeon/

"The conditioning process is usually obvious. The bird happens to be executing some response as the hopper appears; as a result it tends to repeat this response. "

I think the people who conducted this experiment then went on to write the Windchill software.

Highlighted

I might add, that if I select "Undo Checkout" from the drop-down "Actions" menu, then it doesn't work. But if I select the file and right-click to get to "Undo Checkout" then it does work.  I feel more and more like a pigeon in a laboratory trying to work out which random bit of head-bobbing gets me the food.

42365-Wat-pigeon-jvWm.jpeg

You *could* write some sort of workflow connected to a User Termination Object (softtype of a Problem Report). That would actually be kind of neat.

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum! ______________________________ Check out the Windchill Tips Board! We're talking about Whirlpool's use of digital twin, augmented reality, and data-driven design!

The NAVIGATE WORKING GROUP is here! Come innovate with PTC!