cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Setting State on EPMDoc where the EPMDoc's Creator has been deleted

dgraham-4
1-Newbie

Setting State on EPMDoc where the EPMDoc's Creator has been deleted

PDMLink 8.0 M020

Does anyone have any experience setting the state on an EPMDocument whose
creator's account has been deleted from the dB. We have logged a call
with PTC regarding this. Apparently this is a know issue but we are
wondering if anyone has come up with a way to do this.

Our current solution is to revise the object and set the state on the
revised version.

Errors: wt.util.WTException:
wt.util.WTInvalidParameterException: Invalid value for parameter
principal_ref
wt.workflow.engine.FailedExpressionException
Nested exception is: wt.util.WTException
Nested exception is: wt.util.WTInvalidParameterException: Invalid value
for parameter principal_ref

Thanks

David
2 REPLIES 2

I recall we had this same issue or similar in 7.0. We deleted some users who were creators of some objects in Windchill, specifically workflow objects and that caused the workflow to stall. This is issue is exist in 8.0, but is resolved in 8.0 M050 going forward. Its being so long since I ran into this, but I seem to recall we found a way to reset the creator to the deleted user or some other user and that resolved it. If I ran across more information about this, I will certainly share it with you.

HTH,

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*Fax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

You can use cusomize java programm or webject.
Top Tags