cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Standard Parts In PDM

MarcHendrickson
1-Newbie

Standard Parts In PDM

I am looking for input from the user community. We are moving towards a PDM centric Bill of materials and as most have dealt with the BOM includes standard parts purchased from supplier catalogs. We assign a internal part number to these.

I am looking for different methods your company has used to enter these items into PDM. When creating a new # I would like to have a single UI input screen that requires the end user to enter the items description, manufacturers part number and the supplier & their part number. I would also like to then release the data with a simple electronic release promotion process with one to two electronic signatures.

Once completed the end user can structure these to a BOM. I am thinking an auto created WTPart since we want to use the Product Explorer.

One additional item is that if I am going to have a complete BOM I will also need to have a process for entering Industry standard parts, I.E. NAS, AN, AND, etc... into a WTPart. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

I should also mention these items could have multiple supporting objects, I.E. ProE parts, assemblies, drawings or 2-D CAD Document, MS Word, Scanned PDF from catalog, link to Industry standard online access of data, etc...

Announcements

Top Tags