cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Cannot Access Server via DTI

scurtis-2
1-Newbie

Cannot Access Server via DTI

I have installed 9.1 M060 DTI 64 bit on my Windows 7 64 bit client. In Office 2010, I can configure my Windchill server but when I go to the Select Active Server list, my Windchill server is listed but it is grayed out and not selectable. Has anyone else seen this issue?

My guess is that it might be firewall related. The server that is not selectable is behind a firewall. I have an M050 development environment that is not behind the firewall that I can add and connect to with no problem. PTC has suggested opening port 445 which we have done but the problem still exists.

Any thoughts on what else to look at or any other ports that may need to be opened would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

PTC Customer Support was able to provide me with a solution to this problem. When network traffic is blocked as in my case with the firewall, in the Server Configuration dialog, select the General tab and deselect the check box for "Ping server host before connecting". This option is selected by default after installation. Deselecting that option resolved my problem.

Top Tags