Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfully installing Windchill9.1 on CentOS

Re: Successfully installing Windchill9.1 on CentOS

I don't see any signs of PTC dropping support for Windchill running on Linux. The published Windchill Future Platform Support Summary document at http://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=69784 shows support for Linux on all planned versions of Windchill. Specifically the platform support plan lists Red Hat 5.0 support in Windchill 9.1 and 10 followed by Red Hat 6 support in Windchill 11. Our engineering services group uses Linux to power their production instance of Windchill, and we have a number of customers running Linux. Dropping support for Linux in Windchill would inconvenience many more customers than when PTC dropped support for Linux in Pro/E.

As for COxW, it's not bad, but it doesn't fit as nice as LAMP. The x is in the way. Maybe just COW with a prefix.

standard COW (CentOS, Oracle Standard, Windchill)
mini COW (CentOS, Oracle XE, Windchill)

Re: Successfully installing Windchill9.1 on CentOS

> standard COW (CentOS, Oracle Standard, Windchill)
> mini COW (CentOS, Oracle XE, Windchill)

I like it very nice naming !

COW (moo moo)

Thanks!

Highlighted

Successfully installing Windchill10.0C000 on CentOS

It works!

• CentOS5.5 6.4bit
  • Oracle Database 11g R2 Enterprise Edition
  • Windchill10.0C000(PDML+PJL) JAPANESE Edition

WC10C000onCentOS5.gif

Re: Successfully installing Windchill10.0C000 on CentOS

Hi,

i have tried with this setup:

- CentOS6.0 64bit

- Oracle Database 11g R2 Enterprise Edition

- Windchill10.0 F000(PDMLink)

But was not successfull. There seems to be a problem with the OCU. I keep getting the error code 255 (in the installer log file) and the error string "ocu installer could not start" (in the PSI abort dialog).

I tried giving the "oracle" user root privilege by adding him to the root group, but that did not help.

I also thought it is the problem with the "su" command that changes the user from root to oracle "su oracle -c /mnt/path/setup LAX_VM java -f config.file -DSOMETHING=0"

when i tried to run the command "by hand" with the oracle user the error would be that su does not have the -D attribute. So with some aliases and bash

functions i tried to trick the installer to put the remainder of the -c switch into quotes (').

That also did not work.

Did anyone try this or see this error and knows what it means?

I am stuck with this and i don't know enough about Windchill to make the OCU step by hand. I did check what files and their content was in another

installation that was done on a windows machine but i don't know the order of the commands to execute so that the changes would have

any effect.

Any suggestions on how to proceed are welcome.

Hi,

I had not problem installing Windchill10.0C000 on CentOS5.5(64bit).

I'll try to installing Windchill10.0F000 on CentOS5.6 next month.

pls wait.

http://ja.ptc.com/WCMS/files/124477/en/Windchill10.0M010SoftwareMatrices061011.pdf

Development Systems Support

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64bit) <-> CentOS 5.x (64bit)

pls try installing on CentOS 5.x .

Hi,

you were right. When i tried with CentOS 5 it installed completely.

Thank you for your fast response.

I'm trying to install Windchill 10.0 in CentOS 5.8 and I keep getting error: OCU failed to start, which is the Oracle Configuration Utility inside Windchill. The log showed error # 126, which could be permission level denied. Did you have to add a Permissions file in /etc/udev/rules.d ? I found a thread that told me that. I created a script file and tried to install Windchill again, no go.

I had same problem.

We need oracle user in installation of Windchill10.0M030.

And oracle user needs execute permissions.

1) login as root.

2) Copy from CD of OCU to your machine. ex. /usr/temp/<copy_place>

3) # chmod -R 777 /usr/temp/<copy_place>

Go install!

Nope, doesn't work for me. Failed to start OCU never goes away just like a nightmare. It is something to do with oracle installation user and it variables, I'd say, but nothing can be found in pages and pages of PTC's documentation. I am not getting much response from PTC tech support either, other then centOS is not supported...... They could have just explained in the manual how to create an appropriate database using Oracle GUI rather than trying to do it themselves underneath in their scripts which then give up on who knows what.

Just for reference.

OCU failure during database creation on Unix.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS40028