cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Trouble uploading multiple documents (via .zip).

tadvisor
1-Newbie

Trouble uploading multiple documents (via .zip).

I am trying to populate a new folder with documents that exist in a folder on my PC. I've created a .zip file and attempted to upload using the "Upload Documents from Compressed File" feature.

I get a dialog box with the following message:

ATTENTION:

java.io.IOExeception: There is not enough space on the disk

This happens with 1 or more files in the .zip archive.

I can upload documents one-at-a-time jst fine.

Any hints/suggestions??

Windchill10

3 REPLIES 3
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:tadvisor)

If you look at the Method Server log after getting this exception are you seeing the message recorded there (i.e. would indicate something on the server-side is thinking it's full)?

I know that you said uploading individual files works just fine, but have you verified that the vault folders are not filling up along with the <WT_HOME>/tmp folder?

Lori,

You're way over my head asking anything about looking @ logs. I wouldn't know where to start looking for said logs. However, I would like to know how.

But, since posting the original message, I have been able to upload documents.

The only thing I can think of is that when I got the original message, I was attempting to upload documents from my work computer on my lunch break. Could it have been a firewall thing?? If so then the IO exception message was a red herring. What is puzzling, even from the work machine, is that I could upload single files without a problem. So that, in and of itself, says there isn't a firewall issue. Or is there because of the .zip extension. Dosen't matter, really, since all I want to do is possible from my home machine.

From my home machine, all is good, uploads have been successful, even when there are subdirectories embedded.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:tadvisor)

It's possible there wasn't enough space in the temp folder on your work machine to handle the processing of the zip file. When performing a multipart upload (including upload from a zip) it writes a temporary file to disk on your hard drive. It's possible there wasn't enough space at the time for it to do that.

Either way, I'm glad you got it working at least from your home machine!

Top Tags