cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Upgrade Manager Failure

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Upgrade Manager Failure

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Upgrade Manager says my versions are incompatible.

Description:

When running UpgradeManager, the verify supported upgrade path task fails. I get the message: The upgrade path for the source system is not supported for an upgrade to this target system. The following required solutions on the source system are at an invalid level for this upgrade: IE, PDML, PJL, WNC.

Source is running WIndchill 12.0.2.10 with IE, PDML, PJL running 12.0.2.7 according to Windchill help.
Target system is going to 12.1.2.8. This is a clean initital installation on a new server.
I found CS242678 and ran the xconfmanager command, then reran UpgradeManager and get the same results.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

PTC got back and discovered the error.

It was a bad entry in the dbhistory.xml file. They had me export the file, edit it and the import it back into the database.

Article - CS250548 - Upgrade fails during Verify Supported Upgrade Path task showing a blank/empty field for the source version in Windchill (ptc.com)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV

The support matrix shows them as compatible.  You'll probably need to open a case with tech support and get clarification from them.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TomU)

I did check the matrix for upgrades down to the CPS levels.

I have opened a call with PTC, but they want the Upgrade.jar file and this is on my classified system, so they won't get that.

PTC needs to provide better diagnostic tools to those customers who cannot do Team sessions or send files to PTC.

Very frustrating to go days with no response to an issue when we pay close to $200K a year in subscription fees. It seems the only times I have to contact the support team is when I do an upgrade. The other kicker is that I did the same 12.1.2.8 upgrade 3 weeks ago on an unclassified system and it worked fine. The only difference is the unclassified system was Windchill 12.0.2.12 instead of 12.0.2.10.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

PTC got back and discovered the error.

It was a bad entry in the dbhistory.xml file. They had me export the file, edit it and the import it back into the database.

Article - CS250548 - Upgrade fails during Verify Supported Upgrade Path task showing a blank/empty field for the source version in Windchill (ptc.com)

Announcements

Top Tags