cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Using AWS RDS for Oracle

ML_10694804
6-Contributor

Using AWS RDS for Oracle

Hello all,

I'm very familiar with having Windchill severs on AWS for many years now, but just getting into using RDS for Oracle. There are VERY few postings on this, and almost no specific info from PTC.

Requesting any procedures that can be posted / provided please.

I've been successful installing Windchill multiple times now using RDS (WC 12.1, Oracle 19c and 21c).  Can do most needed actions from a Windchill EC2 server with SQL Developer installed, including exporting a database (WC schema) and dropping the WC user.  But, have not yet figure out how to use S3 for storing and accessing the exported .DMP files, in order to import.

thanks in advance for any posted procedure documents.

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ML_10694804)

@ML_10694804,

Did you ever figure this out?  I need to do something similar and would love to talk to someone else about the process.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomU)

Attached are two rough documents that I created, doing this a couple of times.  Actually got it to work on another test that I didn't document at all, and now we've pretty much abandoned this until PTC really understands it enough to fully support.

Note: I never got very far on using S3 or other storage. Just didn't invest much time / effort in these areas (yet).

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeLockwood)

Thanks Mike.  What I really need to figure out is how to get an existing Windchill Oracle database back out of RDS.  It's apparently much more complicated since there's no access to the server (filesystem, etc.)

Top Tags