cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Using Creo View in Windchill 10.1

lholmberg
4-Participant

Using Creo View in Windchill 10.1

Hi Guys:

We are moving from Windchill 8 to 10.1. In Creo view I am trying to figure out 3 things.

- How do I set the pen table file for printing ProE and AutoCAD files?

- What is the new equivalent of the Visulizatoin Collection? We have users who batch print.

- In Winchill 8 we had the Standard and lightweight viewer. I see that the new Creo view is much more robust. Do I even need Product View Standard anymore? We where only using it for the users who had to produce prints for production. These are the same user's who where batch printing.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

We recently made the switch from Productview standard to Creo View Lite and for most of our users the transition has been fairly smooth. However, there are quite a few features that some of our users
miss, such as the ability to export 2D formats and the ability to overlay 2 drawings for comparison. You'll need to upgrade to the much more expensive Creo View MCAD to get these two features that
are included in Productview Standard.

Here's a summary of key features that are only in the MCAD edition:

Upgrade to Creo View MCAD to:
•View additional image formats (JT, STEP, STL, VRML, DGN, GBF, IGES)
•Save (Creo View) and Export (2D image formats, IGES, STEP, VRML, DXF)
•Create and edit groups
•Edit part properties (Color, Style, Location, Name)
•Create additional sections (Quarter Cut, Capped, Part Selection)
•Create construction geometry (Point, Plane, Axis, Curve, Coordinates, Line)
•Create exploded assembly views

Here's a document that compares the 4 different editions of the Creo View software:
lholmberg
4-Participant
(To:lholmberg)

Thanks.

One other thing though. We have Product view standard from PDMLInk 8. I was told that this would convert to Creo view standard but it says it cannot find the license server. How do I enter the license server data in the starup window?

lholmberg
4-Participant
(To:lholmberg)

Figured out how to do it. It wasn't working because Product/Creo View had never been added to our license file.

In the end it wasn't worth it anyway. Creo View Standard/Ecad offers not advantages over light for what we use it for which is mainly a drawing printer and view for manufacturing. Ugh.

Top Tags