cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Using Search Results, Report Templates and WVS Custom Actions together

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Using Search Results, Report Templates and WVS Custom Actions together

This is not a question but a share, one of the features I miss about the old community platform. Not everything is a question. 

A while back I added these custom WVS Publish actions to my system which appear in the Search Results toolbar:

Windchill PDMLink : An example of customized WVS Job Scheduler Methods...

avillanueva_0-1677006479241.png

Recently, I enabled a Thumbnail worker to publish representations on PDF documents. Now, how best to find those PDF document and batch publish them? I could create a custom search looking for "PDF" file format and just click that action but I want something that shows me what's left. Enter the Report Template. I created a report that returns document that have no default representation. 

avillanueva_1-1677006624026.png

Now, I can run this and select a bunch of documents to publish until they are all done. I do not want to overwhelm the publisher since its day time but I can throw a few hundred every now and then till search comes back zero. Easy. 

2 REPLIES 2

@avillanueva 

I don't know if you can share your report on documents without default representation or if it is too specific for other users to use.

In any case, below I provide a link to a couple of reports that can be used as a basis for developing a more specific one.

Report to list all EPM Documents without representations 

Report to display WTDocuments having representations

Marco

Here you go

Top Tags