cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

What's Windchill Point Release?

ryan-2
2-Guest

What's Windchill Point Release?

Hi,

My company plan on upgrading to Windchill 10 from Windchill 9. Now, Windchill 9 has Windchill Point Release component.

Please,what's Windchill Point Release? How to install it?

I have nothing information about this on PTC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:ryan-2)

In fact you need all the latest MOR CD's of a particular Release (point or not).

And if the CD does not exist in the target MOR, you take the previous existing (F000 is the 1st and the M010, M020 etc ...)

For example, to Install a 10.1 M030

get all the CDs in 10.1 M030 (solution installer, point release, service pack etc ...)

and if not exist in M030, get all the other CD in M020, and if not exist , get in ... , until F000 (in general PDMLink and ProjectLink CDs are in F000. it is the service pack CDs that will patch tehm)

If it is a brand new installation , You need all the CDs . You unzip them in one place, and then use the Solution Installer cd. It will list all the present CDs (modules)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

Hello

a point release is not a major release like 9 / 10...

but a minor 9.1, 10.1, 10.2

MORa (m10, m20 etc ...) should normally only fix bugs

point release will add new functionalities or new modules, but without Database / Data Model modification.

So normally, no migrator between 2 point release .... only an "update"

First of all, thank you for your answer !

I find point release installation files is contained in Windchill 10.1 Service Pack installation files,

besides, point release installation files exist as Windchill 10.1 Point Release F000

For install Windchill 10.1 (m010,m020 etc...) , is it necessary to install Windchill Point Release alone after i installed Windchill 10.1 Service Pack?

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

In fact you need all the latest MOR CD's of a particular Release (point or not).

And if the CD does not exist in the target MOR, you take the previous existing (F000 is the 1st and the M010, M020 etc ...)

For example, to Install a 10.1 M030

get all the CDs in 10.1 M030 (solution installer, point release, service pack etc ...)

and if not exist in M030, get all the other CD in M020, and if not exist , get in ... , until F000 (in general PDMLink and ProjectLink CDs are in F000. it is the service pack CDs that will patch tehm)

If it is a brand new installation , You need all the CDs . You unzip them in one place, and then use the Solution Installer cd. It will list all the present CDs (modules)

Top Tags