cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Who can explain me how it works and how can I open Task Assistant?

rratti
1-Newbie

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:rratti)

I took a look at the code for the TrackTaskbarValidator class. Both of the "Open Task Assistant" actions will be disabled if the Task is not an instance of the WorkItem class, you are not logged in as the owner of the current Task, or if the current Task is complete.

Object type can be determined from the URL:

10-2-2015 11-06-50 AM.png

From your original screenshot it looks like you are logged in as rafaella user, but the task is owned by Administrator.

10-2-2015 10-58-03 AM.png

If you are logged in as Administrator, you are still not able to see the Open Task Assistant for this task?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst

Hereis a link to the Windchill Help Center's page on the Task Assistant with some information about it:
http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=AssignmentsTaskAssistant&action=show

I read the link with information, thanks, but it says: "To enter Task assistant, select action Open task assistant in the action menù for a task in the table Task or in the information page of a task" --> I tried but I can't find the Task assistant.

task assistant.PNG

Go To the actions tab of the task and open task assistant

Thank you

Binesh  Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Hello,

I haven't this option:

Kind regards

Raffaella

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Rafaella,

It looks like there is a validator associated with the Open Task Assistant action. If you add &jcaDebug=1 to the end of the URL for your task can you confirm whether you see the same, or if there is some other reason it is showing up as disabled?

10-1-2015 12-53-11 PM.png

If it doesn't show up at all in the list with jcaDebug enabled then it has probably been removed from the action model used to generate the menu (action model is identified by the lady bug icon in the Actions list  (e.g., 'workitem details admin actions' in this case).

Also, do you know if Open Task Assistant shows up for admins?

rratti
1-Newbie

I tried with the Debug but this is the result:

The behaviour is the same for Admin

Thanks

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

I took a look at the code for the TrackTaskbarValidator class. Both of the "Open Task Assistant" actions will be disabled if the Task is not an instance of the WorkItem class, you are not logged in as the owner of the current Task, or if the current Task is complete.

Object type can be determined from the URL:

10-2-2015 11-06-50 AM.png

From your original screenshot it looks like you are logged in as rafaella user, but the task is owned by Administrator.

10-2-2015 10-58-03 AM.png

If you are logged in as Administrator, you are still not able to see the Open Task Assistant for this task?

Your reply solved my problem, thanks a lot!

Top Tags