cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill 10 Part Strcuture Browser

KaranNarang
1-Newbie

Windchill 10 Part Strcuture Browser

I need to filter a WTPart Structure based on the value of the WTPartUsage Link supplied on the child Part.If the criteria is not met, then the that WTpart should be displayed with the WTPartMaster in the BOM Structure Tree.

In Windchill 9.1, filtering of the BOM structure was done through StandardWTPartService.java (method used public Persistable[][][] getUsesWTParts( WTList parts, ConfigSpec configSpec ))

In Windchill 10,this class is not used for filtering the structure.

In the structure Tab of a WTPart [Product Structure Browser(psb)],there are two panes ,on the left pane the structure tree is displayed and on the right pane there is a Uses Tab which displays the Uses WTPart. I want to know how filtering works in Windchiill 10.

Kinldy, let me know if anyone has worked on Part structure Browser in Windchill 10.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello

Your need is Out Of the Box in the WC10

The new configpsec introduce in 10 allow you to filter a BOM, by combining and ordering several filters, like for example: Lot effectivity 1 + latest prototype + Some IBAS values ...

And in this filter, you can add some WTPartUsageLink attribute with the exact behaviour you need.

Gregory

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for the response.

I am looking out for the peice of code/class file getting called while building the Tree structure(BOM) displayed on the left pane in product structure browser in Windchill 10.

FYI: In Windchill 9.1, StandardWTPartService method getUsesWTPart was used to build the BOM structure.

Regards,

Karan Narang

Hi Gregory and Karan,

I am currently exploring the filtering in Windchill10.1. However, I am not able to get proper documentation on the following:

Attribute Filter,

Spatial Filter,

Option Filter.

I am working on Option filter using Options and design choices,however,I am still not able to get the desired output.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Sandip Sharma.

Hi Sandip,

You can go through the Windchill Help Center topic on filtering by clicking on the below link:

https://pds.ptc.com/Windchill-WHC/index.jspx?id=PMFilterEdit&action=show

Regards,

Karan Narang

Hi Karan,

Thank you for the response

Regards

Sandip

Top Tags