cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Loading Wheel Spinning Forever on Attempted File Check-in -- Creo Embedded Browser

nebraska-engr
8-Gravel

Windchill Loading Wheel Spinning Forever on Attempted File Check-in -- Creo Embedded Browser

Previous post was marked as spam? Seems PTC doesn't want the word out that their programs don't work. Oh well, here we go again:

I am running Creo 5.0.4.0 with Windchill 11.1 on Windows 10.1 This issue was first discovered while I was running Creo 5.0.0.0 on Windows 10.1. After upgrading to Creo 5.0.4.0, the issue was fixed for about a week. Since then, the issue has come back and I cannot check-in through the embedded Windchill browser on Creo.

I have run into an issue where I am unable to check-in, revise, or set state of files when the operation is done from my workspace or Windchill Commonspace. However, I am able to check-in by opening parts in Creo, and using the manual File>Check-in option.

At first I thought it was just being slow. I let it sit over the weekend and the loading wheel never stopped. It seems like the embedded browser is getting "stuck" after I click the check-in button on the embedded browser.

So far, I have tried the following:

* Changed my browser option from internet_eplorer to chromium, and back

* Opened a PTC support case

* Cleared/Delete cache files

* Uninstalled Creo, completed fresh install

* Cleared/Deleted appdata in %appdata%/local/PTC and %appdata%/Roaming/PTC on the PC

None of these attempts have solved the issue. Does anyone here have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Cipruss
5-Regular Member
(To:nebraska-engr)

Hi,

Did you get this issue resolved?

At our company it started about a week ago, PTC support case has been opened as well.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Cipruss)
Cipruss
5-Regular Member
(To:STEVEG)

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion, but this time cause is a bit embarrassing.

Our IT department made this problem, they changed Firewall settings and for couple Creo users those data packages just got dropped.

Top Tags