cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Windchill PDMlink parts life cycle issue

sliu-2
2-Guest

Windchill PDMlink parts life cycle issue

Hi all,

pls see below image or attached. Why my drawing D.1&D.2 state is not In Work but In Revision?

2014-07-29_163620.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:sliu-2)

Apparently permissions applied to this EPMDocument allow iteration at the state "In Revision" (by someone).

What was your expectation? What is the full lifecycle template and what are the Transitions in it?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Apparently permissions applied to this EPMDocument allow iteration at the state "In Revision" (by someone).

What was your expectation? What is the full lifecycle template and what are the Transitions in it?

Thanks Mike.

I just find out the reason. Our Windchill admin change the new life cycle state. Revise a released CAD part will be IN REVISION state instead of IN WORK before.

Thanks again.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Changing the lifecycle template is sometimes needed. Reminder - the new lifecycle template iteration will apply only to new objects and objects that are Revised. It may be worth executing a process to re-assign lifecycle to latest to all objects that use that lifecycle template. We've done this several times.

Ok. I get your point. That's helpful. Thanks Mike.

Top Tags