cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill, PKI and Active Directory

EmanuelMozes
1-Newbie

Windchill, PKI and Active Directory

Hi Everyone,

First post here, I wish I had insight to offer but at this point I am looking for help. For starters I have just been thrown into the Windchill bandwagon and my experience is - well - limited. However, I am a network engineer so I hope I have a decent base to start with.

Here's the problem:

-The production environment AD users have smart cards and related certificates, so their user accounts don't have passwords.

-I can't seem to find a method by which to pass the logged on information to Windchill, whether it is via Single Sign On or any other method.

Here's what I have:

-Windchill 9.1 (M060) PDMLink & ProjectLink

-Apache 2.2.10 running with OpenSSL (bundled from PTC)

-Tomcat (bundled from PTC)

-Java (bundled from PTC)

-Oracle (bundled from PTC)

-Windows Server 2008 (64bit)

-Active Directory Services running on a separate Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 bit

-Network communication between the hosts are good (TCP 3268, 389, Ping, TCP 80 and TCP 443)

Here's what I have done:

-Windchill integrates with Active Directory just fine (in the development environment)

-The LDAP method relies on Basic authentication, but since we are using HTTPS, I am not concerned about the information going in clear text.

Does anyone have a setup similar to this one that can offer some insight? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to any ideas here.

-Emanuel

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags