cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Windchill Prediction question: Prediction not converting NPRD failure rates

trice
2-Guest

Windchill Prediction question: Prediction not converting NPRD failure rates

I have a Windchill Prediction where I am using reliability data from the NPRD 2011 Parts library. It does not appear to be converting the failure rate based on what environment I specify for the overall prediction.

For example. I am using NPRD-22114, which is a Power Amplifier with a failure rate of 13.991493. The environment for this particular part is N- NAVAL.

The prediction I am doing is for a ground benign environment (GB, GC). The prediction does not convert the failure rate, it is still using the 13.99 value in the overall prediction. Temperature doesn't seem to have an effect, either.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get the conversion factor done automatically or do I have to add an Mult FR for each part?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tony,

you are doing right, and the software works as designed.

NPRD data come from practical field data and from a specific environment. There are some approaches among reliability analysts how to handle conversion factors, however, there is no commonly accepted and published standard *FOR MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT* .

Use the multiplicative adjustment factor as a workaround.

Thomas

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tony,

you are doing right, and the software works as designed.

NPRD data come from practical field data and from a specific environment. There are some approaches among reliability analysts how to handle conversion factors, however, there is no commonly accepted and published standard *FOR MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT* .

Use the multiplicative adjustment factor as a workaround.

Thomas

Thanks for the reply, Thomas. It's always nice to figure something out and have it be the right solution. I appreciate the help.

Top Tags