cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Windchill Rest BoM no navigation criteria's available

travman7777
9-Granite

Windchill Rest BoM no navigation criteria's available

Using Windchill Rest to retrieve a BoM, and mainly referencing: https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill_rest_services/r1.7/en/index.html#page/windchill_rest_services/WCCG_RESTAccessExamplesReadBOM.html

I have found the correct rest endpoint to return navigate criterias. However this service returns an empty array for the available navigation criterias. Anyone know why this is, or can explain/point me in the right direction of what a navigation criteria is and how to work with them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:travman7777)

Hi @travman7777 

It should return some data like this in within an array of strings :

"CreatedOn": "2021-05-17T12:51:55+01:00", "Filters": [], "HideUnresolvedDependents": false, "ID": "OR:wt.filter.NavigationCriteria:656243200", "LastModified": "2021-05-17T12:51:55+01:00", "Name": "Release to Manufacture", "SharedToAll": true, "UseDefaultForUnresolved": false

These nav criteras relate to filters in Windchill, like the one shown below: 

filter.png

Maybe you don’t have any filters setup, or perhaps they're not accessible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:travman7777)

Hi @travman7777 

It should return some data like this in within an array of strings :

"CreatedOn": "2021-05-17T12:51:55+01:00", "Filters": [], "HideUnresolvedDependents": false, "ID": "OR:wt.filter.NavigationCriteria:656243200", "LastModified": "2021-05-17T12:51:55+01:00", "Name": "Release to Manufacture", "SharedToAll": true, "UseDefaultForUnresolved": false

These nav criteras relate to filters in Windchill, like the one shown below: 

filter.png

Maybe you don’t have any filters setup, or perhaps they're not accessible.

@rhart thank you for the direction! I was able to create a filter in the WC UI and run the REST endpoint to retrieve it.

travman7777_0-1650634581916.png

Top Tags