cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Windchill multi level BOM report add the linked CAD drawing number its revision

KSHITISH_S
11-Garnet

Windchill multi level BOM report add the linked CAD drawing number its revision

I have a BOM structure with WT parts. The WT parts are linked to CAD drawing or is described by document. I have made a customized view for Multi Level BOM report generation. I require two columns  to be added to this view (1) Linked drawing / document number (2) Revision of linked drawing / document. Attached is the screenshots. How can I add the two columns in the customized view for generation of BOM report please suggest. We use WIndchill 11.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @KSHITISH_S 

I wanted to recommend try to use alias attributes, but the maping from WTPart to drawing is too complicated and I can not find exactly the path 

WTP - EPMDocument (model)- EPMMaster - references - EPMDocument(drawing)

From my perspective it is easier to create WTPart IBA global attribute, and set own data utility that will show information what you need. 

it is customization where you create class as the data utility that search for your criteria to find information what you need to show.

this class is registered  in service.properties for your specific IBA parameter and it will be called every time if the parameter is shown anywhere.

so it will show your information in the multilevel bom table. 

here are resources for data utility creation

CS360977 Windchill PLM - Data Utility

Hope this can help

PetrH

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KSHITISH_S)

You will probably need to create a custom report using the report generator to get the data from linked tables in the database.

Hello @BenLoosli , Could you elaborate on this as I am not aware of how to create the custom report with data linked from database.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KSHITISH_S)

Not my area of expertise with Windchill.

David Graham may be able to help with customized reports.

If you are ok with a slightly different display (not columns), Documents and CAD documents can be shown in the left side browser and exported from that side.

I would like know more on this. How to show the document or CAD document in the view. Please share the steps.

Thanks 

avillanueva_0-1691683691881.png

Its under this menu or you can right click on a Part to show just that one. Multi-select works too.  It shows them as indentations, below the Part. From there, left side table can be exported. It might not be how you wanted to view it but it gets the data out. 

@avillanueva Thanks for the work around. But this one is not suitable for us. As of now there is no straight forward solution to this. 

Thanks again for your contribution.

Hello @KSHITISH_S 

I wanted to recommend try to use alias attributes, but the maping from WTPart to drawing is too complicated and I can not find exactly the path 

WTP - EPMDocument (model)- EPMMaster - references - EPMDocument(drawing)

From my perspective it is easier to create WTPart IBA global attribute, and set own data utility that will show information what you need. 

it is customization where you create class as the data utility that search for your criteria to find information what you need to show.

this class is registered  in service.properties for your specific IBA parameter and it will be called every time if the parameter is shown anywhere.

so it will show your information in the multilevel bom table. 

here are resources for data utility creation

CS360977 Windchill PLM - Data Utility

Hope this can help

PetrH

Top Tags