cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

The index server seems to be down

SD_10636834
5-Regular Member

The index server seems to be down

I am using Windchill PartsLink Release 11.2 and Datecode with CPS 11.2.1.10

i have an issue in classification explorer in search whenever i click on classification Explorer it will show one message "The index server seems to be down. Please contact your Windchill system administrator." so how we can do that without index server
also i have an issue in advance search whenever i clicked on classification picker in advance search the wizard will get invoked but it will show one message " connection refused"

Here are the errors that I faced
"The index server seems to be down"
" connection refused"
6 REPLIES 6

Article - "Warning "Index Server Down" was popped up when searching in Windchill PDMLink": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS219507

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:SD_10636834)

Index Server (SolR) is required for PartsLink and Classification search. Do you have that installed?

SD_10636834
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

i it is not installed i am working in local machine so how we can install it in local machine. 

i have these product installed:-softInstall.png

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:SD_10636834)

It is its own standalone installation. You can install it on the same server but many people put on a different host. Download the software but also note that it gets updated via service packs as well. Run the PSI from the service pack and you should see an option for a standalone installation for Solr.  

avillanueva_0-1691672894335.png

Once installed, you can configure Windchill to locate the index server via site.xconf properties.

com.ptc.netmarkets.wp.ixb.index=index.html
com.ptc.windchill.partslink.index.enabled=true
wt.index.enabled=true
wt.index.solrHost=<host of Index Server>
wt.index.solrPort=8085

SD_10636834
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

i Have downloaded the zip file so what is next steps that we have to follow actualley i never installed any software before

and how to run that PSI

Top Tags